- February 9, 2020 - Our Annual Membership Meeting at Monical's in Forsyth. Meeting 2:00 pm, come early to eat :-)
- March 1, 2020 - ATTN. College Students! The Land of Lincoln Purebred Livestock Breeder's Association has a scholarship opportunity for you! One scholarship in the amount of $1000.00 will be awarded to a male or female between the ages of 17-20 years old by January 1st of the application year and furthering their education in an Agriculture related field. Go to their website for more information. http.//www.landoflincolnlivestock.com
HORSE TRAINING ADVICE FOR A BUDDY SOUR HORSE: (This works for any issue you might experience)
Three things to check before you are allowed to punish a horse:
1) Is he emotionally there?
2) Does he understand what you are asking?
3) Can he physically do what you are asking?
Figure out which one is missing. Their emotions take over, so you need to work on getting his brain back in his head by asking him lots of “questions” – changes of direction, leg-yielding, lots of transitions, etc. Keep him guessing and he will pay more attention to you and less to his horsey friends.
Missouri Fox Trotting Horse Breed Association
The Latest Journal is now available
Check it out in the Members Only section
MFTHBA National Trail Ride Program
Win Prizes - Belt Buckles & Jackets
Depending on how many rides you attend!
Land of Lincoln
Horsemen's Council of Illinois
Providing Representative Leadership
for Illinois' Diverse
$3.5 Billion Horse Industry,
Promoting Responsible Horse Ownership
and More Interaction with Horses.
* * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
Sister Fox Trotter Associations:
Arkansas Chapter of the MFTHBA
Indiana Fox Trotter Association, Inc.
Louisiana Fox Trotters
Back in the Saddle
Foxtrot USA Tack and Supply
Horse Saddle Shop
Phoenix Rising Saddles
Imus 4-Beat Saddles
A stubborn horse walks behind you,
an impatient horse walks in front of you,
but a noble companion walks beside you . . .
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
"Riding a horse is not a gentle hobby to be picked up
and laid down like a game of solitaire.
It is a grand passion.
It seizes a person whole and once it has done so,
he will have to accept that his life will be radically changed."
Ralph Waldo Emerson