- Pat Aubuchon Clinic - May 15, 2021 at Bright Star Equestrian Centre near Divernon! See the "Our Events" tab
- Annual Membership Meeting - May 15, 2021 at Bright Star Equestrian Centre Clinic AND - CONFERENCE CALL ONLY - Use this phone number you received in the email from Nora Washburn, our President: 617-793-8994 INVITE A FRIEND!!!
- Spring Show and 3 Year Old Futurity - June 9-12, 2021 Held in Ava MO at the World Headquarters
- Show and Celebration - September 5-11, 2021 Held in Ava MO at the World Headquarters
HORSE TRAINING ADVICE FOR A BUDDY SOUR HORSE: (This works for any issue you might experience)
Three things to check before you are allowed to punish a horse:
1) Is he emotionally there?
2) Does he understand what you are asking?
3) Can he physically do what you are asking?
Figure out which one is missing. Their emotions take over, so you need to work on getting his brain back in his head by asking him lots of “questions” – changes of direction, leg-yielding, lots of transitions, etc. Keep him guessing and he will pay more attention to you and less to his horsey friends.
Missouri Fox Trotting Horse Breed Association
The Latest Journal is now available
Check it out in the Members Only section
MFTHBA National Trail Ride Program
Win Prizes - Belt Buckles & Jackets
Depending on how many rides you attend!
Land of Lincoln
Horsemen's Council of Illinois
Providing Representative Leadership
for Illinois' Diverse
$3.5 Billion Horse Industry,
Promoting Responsible Horse Ownership
and More Interaction with Horses.
* * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
FOX TROT URBANE Website
Tons of articles you may find of interest!
"Sister" Fox Trotter Associations:
Arkansas Chapter of the MFTHBA
Indiana Fox Trotter Association, Inc.
Louisiana Fox Trotters
Back in the Saddle
Foxtrot USA Tack and Supply
Horse Saddle Shop
Phoenix Rising Saddles
Imus 4-Beat Saddles
Pards Western Wear
PFI Western Wear
Rods Western Palace
L and D Leather Works
7984 N1200th Street.....Robinson, Illinois....62454
A stubborn horse walks behind you,
an impatient horse walks in front of you,
but a noble companion walks beside you . . .
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
"Riding a horse is not a gentle hobby to be picked up
and laid down like a game of solitaire.
It is a grand passion.
It seizes a person whole and once it has done so,
he will have to accept that his life will be radically changed."
Ralph Waldo Emerson